UETTDRRF06B - Perform rescue from a live LV panel
This training covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus for: electrical switchboards, overhead lines and underground cables in the work place. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for: health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Industry standards for refresher training vary from state to state. Most states recommend refresher training for this unit every 12 months, and requires a valid CPR certification.
Those who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in an electrical situation in a workplace.
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation or qualifications deemed equivalent (copy must be provided at time of enrolment)
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- Online learning - 30-60 minutes
- Full course: 3 hours face-to-face training
- Refresher course: 2 hours face-to-face training
Pre-course study options:
All students must complete the online learning reading and pass a short quiz.
This training has two components:
a) the online learning (theory) quiz and
b) the practical demonstration.