Rail Signal Test Assistant Training
The Test Assistant course includes:
- Assist in the inspection of location cases – inspecting quality of workmanship and correct components
- Assist with the inspection of bonding plans and SAPs compared to actual install.
- Assist in the checking and confirmation an installation is complete
- Assist with the testing of power supplies
- Assist with testing of track circuit function.
- Assist with the testing of points mechanisms and associated circuits.
- Assist with testing of signal heads, train protection and associated equipment.
- Assist with the testing of signal control circuits in location cases, (excluding strap and function tests).
- Assist with the testing of wiring: including wire count, null count and continuity (Bell)
- Assist with the testing of cables: including continuity, insulation test and polarity
The training is largely hands on using simulated rail signal equipment working with a tester, in a training facility.
Duration: 3 days
This training can also be shortened to a 1 or a 2 day course by selecting parts of the outcomes above.