Event Phone: 0419889189
- November 13, 2023 - November 17, 2023
7:30 am - 3:30 pm
543B. Inspect, Test Certify (Verify) Rail Signal Equipment
Duration: 5 Days
Mon 13/11 + Tue 14/1 + Wed 15/11 + Thu 16/11 + Fri 17/11
This training module provides participants with the knowledge and skills to test and certify rail signal systems control and indication circuits and equipment installation in accordance with industry testing standards.
It is expected that Signal Tester participants will successfully complete the Inspect, Test & Certify course in 40 hours, supported by self directed study and completion of practical exercise in the workplace.
Upon completion of the Inspect, Test & Certify training, participants will:
- Identify and explain the purpose of a test plan
- Prepare to test signal equipment
- Explain the purpose of an inspection and quality test
- Explain the purpose of a continuity test
- Explain the purpose of an insulation test
- Explain the purpose of a wire count
- Explain the purpose of a null count
- Find and isolate equipment faults
- Report equipment faults to appropriate support personnel
- Complete appropriate test documentation
- Notify appropriate staff of completion of testing
During the training participants will conduct a range of tests associated with partially completing C/TC forms: C/TC-3 ; C/TC-4 ; C/TC-5 ; C/TC-6; C/TC-7 & 7A ; C/TC-8; C/TC-9 & 9A; C/TC-10; C/TC-11A
Note: This module does not provide the skills for Strap and Function testing.
Fee: $3000.00 + GST
Venue: Rail Academy Newport - Vic
Venue Website: https://railacademy.vic.gov.au/Address:
What to bring: Hi Viz Vest + Safety Boots + Pen + Lunch
On Arrival: Check in using the Service Victoria COVID QR code and also the RAN Induction QR code.
Check out the Room Allocation Notice Board and see which room number you need to go to