- 543 RS3.3
May 16, 2022 - May 20, 2022
7:30 am - 3:30 pm
The RS3.3 Rail Signal Wiring Systems training consist of four topics, delivered over 5 days of training.
- RS0001 Assemble and wire internal electrical rail signal equipment training course provides participants with the regulatory requirements and work procedures for assembling and mounting components, performing internal wiring, terminating cables, and wiring and testing to certify equipment.
- RS0011 Install and maintain track circuit leads and bonds training course provides participants with the regulatory requirements and work procedures for installing track circuit leads and bond cables to rail and testing to certify equipment.
- RS0017 Repairing Rail Signalling Power and Control Cables training course provides participants with skills and knowledge to repair rail signalling power cables and multi core signalling control cables up to 50 cores. It encompasses safe working, regulatory requirements and following work procedures, selecting and using appropriate cable joining methods, testing continuity and insulation resistance of repaired cable cores and reporting repair activities
- RS0019 Test Copper Rail Signalling Cables training course provides participants with the fundamental principles and practices to verify the insulation and continuity of a copper rail signal cable, and record test results on a Test Certificates.
The skills are assessed toward the (Electrician Qualification) UEE30820 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician + the UEE41220 Certificate IV in Electrical – Rail Signalling It also aligns to the SoC Signal Constructor role.
The units of competency are:
- UEERS0001 Assemble and wire internal electrical rail signalling equipment.
- UEERS0011 Install and maintain track circuit leads and bonds
- UEERS0017 Repairing Rail Signalling Power and Control Cables
- UEERS0019 Test copper rail signalling cables
Venue: Rail Academy Newport - Vic
Venue Website: https://railacademy.vic.gov.au/Address:
What to bring: Hi Viz Vest + Safety Boots + Pen + Lunch
On Arrival: Check in using the Service Victoria COVID QR code and also the RAN Induction QR code.
Check out the Room Allocation Notice Board and see which room number you need to go to